Building Public Records
The Building Department is the custodian of the City’s building records. If you need to access those records, here are the options:
Do Your Own Records Search
We are in the process of digitizing our records, so many of our address files are now online and more are being added regularly. As a first step, please try our City of Aspen WebLink to search for address files.
- Search public records in Aspen WebLink - Laserfiche.
- Note: Plan sets are not available online. Please use the CORA form below to make a request.
Submit a Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) Request
If the records you’re looking for are not available online and you are unable to come into our office to view our files, please submit a CORA request and email Community Development..
Building Permit Application Data
The following reports contain building permit applications by fiscal year. The information in these reports includes the permit number, project address, property owner, general contractor, and, in some cases, project valuation.
- 2023 Permit Applications (PDF)
- 2022 Permit Applications (PDF)
- 2021 Permit Applications (PDF)
- 2020 Permit Applications (PDF)
- 2019 Permit Applications (PDF)
- 2018 Permit Applications (PDF)
- 2017 Permit Applications (PDF)
- 2016 Permit Applications (PDF)
- 2015 Permit Applications (PDF)
Permit Numbers, Inspections & Valuation Report
This report contains the valuation of work completed in the City, as well as the number of permits issued and inspections conducted.
Starting in 2016, permit numbers and valuation are based on issued permits. Prior years' data are based on permit applications.