Building Permit Timelines & Data
Below are the current estimated turnaround times for permit review rounds and other Building Department services as of September 5th, 2023. Turnaround times are subject to change based on queue volume. Additional review rounds are dependent upon compliance.
Building Permit Review Timelines
- Permit Intake / Application Completeness Review: 7-10 Business Days
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Permits: 2-4 Business Days
- Re-Roof Permits: 1-2 Weeks
- IFFR Permits: 1-2 Weeks
- Repair Permits: 2-4 Weeks
- Additional Information: 5-7 Weeks
- EPIC Permits: 5-7 Weeks
- Simple Change Orders: 7-9 Weeks
- Response to Comments: 8-10 Weeks
- Major Change Orders: 8-10 Weeks
- New Minor Permits: 9-11 Weeks
- New Major Permits: 16-18 Weeks
- Final Review: 1 Week
- Issuance Once Paid: 1-2 Business Days
Other Building Department Services Timelines
- BEST Tests: 1-3 business days upon request.
- BEST Cards: 7 Business Days to Receive Hard Copies
- Contractor Licenses: 1-2 Business Days
- Certifications of Occupancy/Letters of Completion: 2-4 Weeks after passing Final Building Inspection.
Building Permit Application Data
The following reports contain building permit applications by fiscal year. The information in these reports include the permit number, project address, property owner, general contractor, and, in some cases, project valuation.
- 2023 Permit Applications (PDF)
- 2022 Permit Applications (PDF)
- 2021 Permit Applications (PDF)
- 2020 Permit Applications (PDF)
- 2019 Permit Applications (PDF)
- 2018 Permit Applications (PDF)
- 2017 Permit Applications (PDF)
- 2016 Permit Applications (PDF)
- 2015 Permit Applications (PDF)
Permit Numbers, Inspections & Valuation Report
This report contains the valuation of work completed in the City, as well as the number of permits issued and inspections conducted.
Starting in 2016, permit numbers and valuation are based on issued permits. Prior years’ data are based on permit applications.