Permanent Revocable Encroachment License
REQUIRED APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS
- Permanent Encroachment Exhibit A – stamped by Professional Land Surveyor
APPLICATION REVIEW FEES
PERMANENT ENCROACHMENT PERMIT REVIEW PROCEDURES
Encroachment license applications are received and reviewed by the Engineering Staff and approved or rejected by the City Engineer. Depending upon the feasibility of an encroachment into a public Right-Of-Way (ROW) and restrictions imposed upon use of the ROW for public access, delivery and installation of underground services, an application for encroachment license may be approved or rejected in accordance with the City of Aspen Municipal Code (AMC 21.04.050, 21.04.060, 21.04.070, 21.04.080, and 21.04.090).
All applications for permanent encroachments will be reviewed by the Engineering Department according to the following criteria:
- Unrestricted Access: The area of encroachment within the public ROW corridor must be accessible at all times to service/construct utilities, roadways or any other activity as deemed necessary by the City.
- Traffic Circulation: Areas designated for vehicular turning movements, deck overhang space, etc. should not be negatively impacted.
- Street or Alley Maintenance Operation: Maintenance work such as snow storage and snow removal should not be negatively impacted.
- Code & Law Enforcement: Encroachment shall not cause a problem or compound an existing problem for traffic control, city police, ambulance service or fire protection district operations.
- Impact On Income Producing Spaces: Paid parking stalls, net leasable commercial area or other income producing spaces may not be encroached unless a rental agreement is obtained from the City of Aspen prior to application for encroachment.
- Compliance with Adopted Master Plans: An encroachment shall not override the requirements of other adopted land use master plans such as the Trail corridors, Malls, improvement districts, etc.
SALESFORCE PERMANENT ENCROACHMENT APPLICATION PROCESS
Submit your permanent encroachment application with the required documents via Salesforce. Please see the status descriptions below for your reference in terms of the application approval process.
- Application Completeness Review: Application will be received and check for completeness.
- Complete Pending Submittal Fees: Application is complete and the application fees are now available for payment. Applicant will receive an email with a link to the available fees. Permit will not be reviewed until application fees are paid.
- Permit Review: The encroachment permit will now be reviewed by the department. Depending on the project, multiple departments may be required to review the permit.