(Left to Right): John Doyle (Mayor Pro Tem), Sam Rose, Mayor Torre, Ward Hauenstein, Bill Guth
The Aspen City Council provides leadership, stewardship, and service to the city. Through an open process, we work in partnership with the community to supply services meeting residents’ and guests’ day-to-day needs, preserve and enhance our community character, and further the Aspen Dream: the ideal of a community nourishing the mind, body, and spirit of our locals and guests.
City Council Members
- Torre, Mayor - 970-948-2023
- John Doyle, Mayor Pro Tem - 970-948-6251
- Bill Guth - 970-300-2120
- Ward Hauenstein - 970-948-3858
- Sam Rose - 802-752-7026
City Council Policy Agenda
The Council’s Policy Agenda serves as a guideline to regional, state, and federal policy leaders for reference when considering decisions impacting the City of Aspen.
City of Aspen Mission Statement
To engage with positive civil dialogue, provide the highest quality innovative, and efficient municipal services, steward the natural environment, and support a healthy and sustainable community for the benefit of future generations with respect for the work of our predecessors.
Letters to the Community
- April 9, 2020: Letter to the community regarding COVID-19
- March 19, 2020: Letter to the community regarding COVID-19
COVID-19 Resource Packet for Businesses
- Business Information Packet PDF with live links for Aspen Businesses during COVID-19 /DocumentCenter/View/5695/Aspen-Business-Packet-Print
- Business Information Packet print version with links spelled out for Aspen Businesses during COVID-19
Meetings are held in Council Chambers at City Hall, 427 Rio Grande Place. Meetings are broadcast on CGTV, Channel 11, City of Aspen Facebook page, City of Aspen YouTube page, as well as Webcast live and archived.
- Held every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month at 5 pm unless otherwise indicated.
- Held Every Monday at 4 pm unless otherwise indicated.
- Held First and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 4 pm unless otherwise indicated.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available before the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Are held as needed and are published on the Long Range Calendar.