- City Council
The Aspen City Council provides leadership, stewardship, and service to the city. Through an open process, we work in partnership with the community to supply services meeting residents’ and guest’s day-to-day needs, preserve and enhance our community character, and further the Aspen Dream: the ideal of a community nourishing the mind, body and spirit of our locals and guests.
City Council Members
- Torre, Mayor - email@example.com or 970-948-2023
- Ward Hauenstein, Mayor Pro-Tem - firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-948-3858
- Rachael Richards - email@example.com or 970-710-1038
- John Doyle - firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-948-6251
- Skippy Mesirow - email@example.com or 847-530-0811
City Council Policy Agenda
The Council’s Policy Agenda serves as a guideline to regional, state, and federal policy leaders for reference when considering decisions impacting the City of Aspen.
City of Aspen Mission Statement
To engage with positive civil dialogue, provide the highest quality innovative and efficient municipal services, steward the natural environment, and support a healthy and sustainable community for the benefit of future generations with respect for the work of our predecessors.
Letters to the Community
- April 9, 2020: Letter to the community regarding COVID-19
- March 19, 2020: Letter to the community regarding COVID-19
COVID-19 Resource Packet for Businesses
- Business Information Packet PDF with live links for Aspen Businesses during COVID-19 /DocumentCenter/View/5695/Aspen-Business-Packet-Print
- Business Information Packet print version with links spelled out for Aspen Businesses during COVID-19
Meetings are broadcast on CGTV, Channel 11, City of Aspen Facebook page, as well as Webcast live and archived.
- 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month at 5 p.m.
- Every Monday at 4 p.m.
- First and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 4 p.m.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The upcoming HPC Appeal for 1020 E Cooper Ave is scheduled for April 19, 2021 at 4pm. Refer to the City Webcast / Meetings & Agendas page for more information regarding the meeting and how to watch the appeal.
Please note public comment will not be taken at the meeting. Submit your questions, comments, or written arguments to Nicole.Henning@aspen.gov by 12 PM on April 9, 2021.
Additional information regarding the appeal is available. Read on…