Rio Grande Recycle Center
The Rio Grande Recycle Center is located in Aspen on Rio Grande Place across from Obermeyer Place. The recycle center does not accept trash, single-stream recycling, or household donations.
- Glass bottles
- Metal scraps
- Clothing, sheets, towels and shoes in good condition. No toys, stuffed animals, pillows or rags; they will be thrown out as trash.
- Grass and Leaves in the yard waste bin only. No branches, brush or trees.
- Batteries: Only household batteries. No lead or car batteries. Please take them to the landfill for recycling.
- Food: if you’re interested in composting for free in Aspen fill out this quiz.
- Disposal of items including food and trash could be subject to fines and penalties.
- Yard Waste: The City of Aspen’s Solid Waste Ordinance (PDF) prohibits anyone from throwing away yard waste including grass and leaves in the trash.
- You can recycle leaves and grass all year in designated containers at the Rio Grande Recycle Center. No plastic bags are allowed.
- If you are a commercial landscaper, you must take the yard waste to the Pitkin County Landfill for a fee.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 970-920-5039
You can bring non-perishable foods to Lift Up located at 0405 Castle Creek Road Ste. 206 Pitkin County Human Services Building. Please call to check their hours of operation: 970-625-4496.
Additional food assistance programs that may accept donations: Pitkin County Food Assistance
Contact a local food rescue service to donate non-expired foods.