FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, please contact:
William Porter, Director of Communications, City of Aspen
(720) 281-2060 | William.email@example.com
Ainsley Brosnan-Smith, Waste Diversion & Recycling Program Administrator, City of Aspen,
(970) 618-9757 | Ainsley.Brosnan-Smith@aspen.gov
City of Aspen to Host Free Electronic Waste Collection Event
The City of Aspen announces a free Electronic Waste (E-Waste) Collection Event taking place on Saturday, September 9, 2023, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. This community initiative aims to encourage responsible e-waste disposal.
- Date: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Time: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Location: Marolt Housing Parking Lot, 100 Marolt Place, Aspen, CO
What is Electronic Waste (E-Waste)?
Electronic waste, or e-waste, includes almost anything with a plug or battery, such as computers, printers, televisions, and cell phones.
- The event is free and open to all interested in recycling personal e-waste.
- Attendees are asked to remain in their vehicles while staff assist with the collection process.
- E-waste from businesses will not be accepted at this event but can be recycled for a fee at the Pitkin County Landfill during operating hours.
- Items not accepted at the event include: smoke detectors, batteries, mercury bulbs, refrigerators, large appliances, A/C units, thermostats, smoke/CO2 detectors, batteries, light bulbs, and items containing hazardous chemicals.
For more details, visit the City of Aspen's official webpage for the event at aspen.gov/ewaste.