Finalists Announced for Aspen Police Chief Position
Interviews take place next week, community invited to meet candidates March 8
The City of Aspen has narrowed the search for a new Police Chief from 44 applicants to five final candidates. The finalists will take part in a Community Meet and Greet on Wednesday, March 8, 2023, from 5:15 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. at the Aspen Police Department Community Room, 540 East Main Street, second floor. The City invites community members to attend, meet the candidates, and provide feedback via comment cards or through an online survey.
The final candidates include:
- Linda Consuegra, current Assistant Chief of Administration and previous Interim Chief of Police for Aspen Police Department, Aspen, Colo.
- Kimberly Ferber, current Operations Commander with Sterling Police Department, Sterling, Colo., and previous State of Colorado Law Enforcement Coordinator.
- Bill Linn, current Interim Police Chief and Assistant Chief of Operations for Aspen Police Department, Aspen, Colo.
- Charlie Schoepflin, current Commander, Administrative/Support Operations Bureau with Commerce City Police Department, Commerce City, Colo., and previous Commander, Special Operations with Commerce City Police Department.
- Laurie Scott, current Assistant Chief of Police for the City of Loveland, Colo., and previous Police Captain for Omaha Police Department, Omaha, Neb.
Please visit aspencommunityvoice.com/police-chief-recruitment, for more information, updates on the recruitment process, candidate bios and resumes, and an opportunity to leave feedback.