In order to receive a tree removal permit within the City of Aspen limits, the following steps must be completed:
- Please click here to get setup to submit your tree permit request online. Contact email@example.com if you experience any issues.
- Complete the New User Registration Form. You will receive an email asking your to set up a password. After you provide your password, you will be able to log into the system where you can start a permit application or check the status of existing permit applications, reviews, and inspections.
- The City Forester, or his designee, will complete a site visit to establish the value of the trees, based on health, size, planting location, and other criteria. Mitigation may be made in one or more ways:
- Replace the same value in trees back on the site,
- Pay the value as cash-in-lieu to the City, or
- A combination of the above
How We Use the Funding
These funds are then used to purchase new trees and maintain existing trees within the City of Aspen's Parks and right-of-ways. Please note that the value of new landscaping is only for trees and is based on the cost of the plant material, delivery and installation. For more information, please contact David Coon, at 970-429-2031.