- Departments I through Z
- Parking in Residential Area
Parking in Residential Area/Apply for Residential Parking Permit
If you are a resident in our enforcement zones, apply for your Residential Parking Permit. Permits will be issued on-line only.
Guest Permits will be managed online (no hang tag needed).
Read this before applying for Residential Parking Permit:
- Permits DO NOT exempt vehicles from other parking regulations including but not limited to:
* 72 hour parking limit,
* No parking in 3 a.m. to 7 a.m. zones,
* Fire zones and snow removal zones.
- Permit owners are responsible to manage and keep Guest Permits up to date with current license plate.
- Residence must notify the Parking Department if they have moved to another address.
- All outstanding parking tickets must be paid in full before parking permits will be issued.
Residents with proof of eligibility may get ONE Guest Permit only. Residents may be eligible to add a virtual permit only if the vehicle is registered to your address in that Residential Zone.
You must move your vehicle every 72 hours, even if you have a Residential Permit. The 72 hour ordinance is enforced on a complaint basis.
Three easy steps to apply for residential parking permit.
Step 1: Use the link below to create your residential parking account. (Sign up first, even if you have had permits before. This is a new account not related to any other city account.) Once you have created your account you will receive a verification email. Follow instructions in the verification email to complete your account.
Step 2: Apply for residential parking permit, press permit tab.
Start an application for your virtual parking permit. You will enter your address to see which permits are available, provide vehicle details, and then submit your application. The Parking Department will review your application. Once your application is approved, you'll receive an "approved" email. Your permits will be attached to your vehicle virtually.
Step 3: Residential Parking Permit
Once your application is approved, we will inform you. You can then use the link below to return to the "Residential Permit app" and then log in using the account credentials you created in Step 1 to manage your Guest Permit.
A Residential Permit Parking (RPP) Zone is a residential area where on street parking is restricted. The RPP program was developed as a tool to balance the needs of all who parks on our streets, including residents, visitors and commuters. Parking in residential areas is limited to residents, business and commuters who obtain permits. Parking is not enforced after 6 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday in residential areas only.
Residential Parking Rules:
- Two hours FREE parking per day, no re-park. One visit per residential zone, per day.
- Paid parking in Residential area is $8 per day.
All day passes can be purchased using Text2Park, a pay station, day pass or the PayByPhone app.
- For Downtown: Text ASPEN1 to 25023
- For Residential: Text ASPEN2 to 25023
- Download PayByPhone app
- Enter location: Downtown (2400), Residential (2401)
- Choose duration
- Confirm payment
Via Pay Station:
- Follow prompts
- Enter license plate #
- No need to display ticket on dash