- Departments I through Z
Driveless With Transportation Options
UPDATES & INFORMATION
- Aspen Free Shuttles and RFTA Valley Winter Schedule runs 11/21/22 – 4/16/23
- RFTA - SMS Text Schedule Service
- Glenwood Canyon – Sign Up For Information & Alerts
- RFTA Launches New Contactless Fare System
- Maroon Bells Tour – Reservations now open:
- 3/1/23 – Reserve for May & June
- 4/1/23 – Reserve for July & August
- 5/1/23 – Reserve for September & October
- Street Improvements – Curb, gutter and asphalt replacements start April 3 in targeted key areas throughout downtown Aspen to improve safety and mobility.
Aspen Transit Mission
Preserving Aspen’s character by keeping traffic congestion and pollution at a minimum. Aspen offers residents, commuters and visitors several convenient transportation options.
Getting Around Aspen
Free shuttles will show you all that Aspen has to offer! Buses between Aspen and the Aspen-Pitkin County Airport are free. The Downtowner offers door-to-door service around town.
Visiting or new in town? For all the info you need to get around like a local, view our Transportation Guide:/DocumentCenter/View/8840 /DocumentCenter/View/8588
appears to be an empty link with target https://www.cityofaspen.com/DocumentCenter/View/7409/2021-Spring-TransGuide
Getting Around the Valley & Beyond
Roaring Fork Transportation Authority (RFTA) buses offer service between Aspen and Rifle, also connecting to the Town of Snowmass Village. Service between Aspen and Snowmass Village is fare-free. Snowmass Village and Glenwood Springs offer transit services within their communities.
Bustang offers some great travel experiences throughout Colorado including transit service between Glenwood Springs and Denver.
Pick up your daily Carpool Permit at the Carpool Parking Kiosk located at the Brush Creek Park & Ride:
- Available Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Carpool permits allow free all-day parking in designated carpool spaces and in the residential parking zones
- Carpool permits are issued to carpool groups of two or more adults
appears to be an empty link with target https://www.cityofaspen.com/314/Parking
Car To Go, Aspen’s car share program, is a convenient, cost saving alternative to car ownership.
Bike or Walk
Biking and walking are great ways to get around Aspen and the Roaring Fork valley. Aspen is home to a variety of paths and trails and is also located at one end of the 42-mile Rio Grande Trail, connecting to Glenwood Springs.