- Demolition, concrete, curb and gutter, saw cutting, Mill Street surface, asphalt paving.
STREET IMPROVEMENT PROJECT GOALS
- Improve safety and mobility for the traveling public.
- Maintain city infrastructure in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Maintain stormwater infrastructure to prevent flooding, damage of property and unsafe travel.
TRAFFIC IMPACTS & DETOURS
- Pedestrian and business access will remain open with pedestrian and accessible access detours in place.
- Parking will not be available for periods of time during construction.
- During work, there will be periods of full road closures or one way access on the block under construction.
- RFTA bus detours will be in place as needed throughout the project.
The City of Aspen conducts major asphalt street repairs every three to four years on a limited number of blocks depending on need. The curbs and gutters are replaced block by block leading up to asphalt projects.
SAFETY PROJECT GOALS
Street improvements are meant to upgrade the transportation and street infrastructure to improve the safety for street users, adjacent property owners, and the traveling public. Any closures or detours in place will be there to protect the traveling public from construction hazards.
COST & FUNDING
$1.66 million, which includes asphalt repair work and concrete replacement.
- Asphalt Work: Frontier Paving, Inc.
- Concrete Curb and Gutter: Excavation Services, Inc.