- Departments A through H
- Community Development
- Short-term Rentals
- Apply for a Short-term Rental Permit
Apply for a Short-term Rental Permit
How to Apply for a New STR Permit
New STR permits may be applied for at any time. Please consult the STR Program Guidelines for information about the permit application process or program compliance requirements.
- Visit Aspen MUNIRevs and click the “New User – Register” button. Follow the detailed instructions to set up your MUNIRevs account. If you already have a MUNIRevs account, skip to step 2.
- Log in to Aspen MUNIRevs as an “Existing User” with your account credentials. Select “I have a new business and need to apply for a license.”
- Enter the STR address in the “Business Name” field. Select the STR permit you’d like to apply for from the “Business Type” dropdown; the choices are STR-C, STR-OO, or STR-LE. Choose your role from the dropdown; the choices are Accountant, Employee, Operator, Other, or Owner.
- Fill out the permit application form in MUNIRevs. Upload the required supplemental documents to the application as requested by the application form. See below for supplemental documents. If you need to save and exit the application to complete the documents, you may do so by clicking the blue “Save and Return to Business Center” button at the bottom left of the page.
- Pay the permit fee in MUNIRevs using a credit card or bank account.
- Applications are reviewed by City staff within 15 business days of the permit fee payment date.
- Upon review of a compliant application packet, applicants will be contacted with information about next steps, which could include a public notice requirement, a waitlist, or permit issuance, depending on the permit type.
IMPORTANT: An STR-specific business license is required in conjunction with every STR permit. Once a STR permit application is submitted, City staff will assign the appropriate business license application to the account. For tax or business license questions, reach out to the Finance Department.
How to Renew an Existing STR Permit
The renewal period for 2022 STR permits has closed. If you have an expired permit, please follow the steps above to apply for a new permit.
Required Documents for STR Permit Applications
The documents below may be required to be submitted with an STR permit application in MUNIRevs. Please see pages 14-15 of the STR Program Guidelines to determine which documents are required with your STR permit application type.
- appears to be an empty link with target /DocumentCenter/View/8861 Self-Inspection Checklist and Affidavit
- appears to be an empty link with target /DocumentCenter/View/8856 HOA Compliance Affidavit and Letter of Approval
- appears to be an empty link with target /DocumentCenter/View/8859 Lodging Exempt Affidavit
- appears to be an empty link with target /DocumentCenter/View/8860 Public Notice Affidavit*
- Two Forms of Proof of Primary Residence
* Renewal applications are not subject to noticing requirements.
Which Permit Type Should You Apply For?
Use the flowchart below to help determine which of the three permits you are eligible to apply for.