Building Department Document and Resource Library
This page is intended to provide the applicant with links to many of the documents that are required to upload to a Building Permit Application in Salesforce. Additional building department resources and contact information for other review departments can be found toward the bottom of the page.
Building Permit Applications
One of the following applications must be uploaded with every electronic building permit application submission in Salesforce.
Supplemental Required Documents
In addition to one of the permit applications above, the following documents may be required to be uploaded with your building permit application submission in Salesforce. If you are unsure which documents are needed, take this quiz to estimate your submittal requirements. You can also contact a permit coordinator to help estimate your document requirements.
Building Department Resources
The following resources are intended to assist applicants in preparing complete and compliant building permit application submissions.
- Building Department Policy Manual
- CEC Database for Compliant Spas
- Compliant City of Aspen Survey Checklist
- Electronic File Preparation Standards for City of Aspen
- IBC Submittal Guide
- IRC Submittal Guide
- Minimum Plan Submission
- Multi-Family Alteration Cheat Sheet
- PV System Installation Guidelines
- Pools & Spas Checklist
- Residential Ventilation Calculator
- Solar Contractors Guidelines
- Special Inspection Agreement Program Overview
- Tenant Finish Cheat Sheet
Current Building Codes
- Aspen Building and Energy Codes.
- 2015 International Building Code.
- 2015 International Residential Code.
- Title 8 of the Municipal Code
Fee Schedules & Fee Estimator Tools
The fee estimator tools below are intended to aid building permit applicants in estimating the costs associated with obtaining a building permit. Accurate estimation of fees must take into account many factors specific to individual projects and can change as projects are modified during construction. Fees calculated using the tools online are rough estimates and are not to be considered final.
Links to Other Departments
Depending upon the scope of work, any of the following departments may be triggered alongside the Building Department as review agencies for a building permit application.
- Engineering CMP
- Engineering Development
- Environmental Health & Sustainability
- Planning and Zoning
- Utilities and Landscape Ordinance