Water Utility Connection Permit

water tapA Water Utility Connection Permit (UCP) is required when there is a change in fixture count on the property. 


Requirements & Checklists

UCP Required

You must submit a Utility Connection Permit if any of the following apply:

  1. Residential
  2. Commercial

Residential Water Utility Connection Triggers

  • net increase/decrease in fixtures on-site (including hose bibs) 
  • increase/decrease in number of bedrooms 
  • landscaping area greater than 3000 square feet
  • change in service line size and alignment


The UCP final inspection is done prior to building CO. The inspection shall be scheduled via the Building Department Inspection Request form. Final inspection will determine if additional tap fees need to be paid.

Other Helpful Resources

  • Service Area Map (coming GIS)